Post Graduate Diploma in Fashion & Lifestyle Retail Management
A Unique Industry Integrated – “Earn While You Learn Program”
What is Fashion & Lifestyle Retail Management and Why Choose a Career in this?
- Nearly 33% of organized retail comprises of fashion apparel.
- More than 30% contribution in the E-commerce portals is attributed to fashion.
- Fashion Retail sector is expected to create 10-15 million jobs in next 5 years.
- International fashion brands are in a race to enter the Indian market.
This unique 2 year Post Graduate Diploma program has been designed focusing the retail industry needs, with an emphasis on Fashion and Lifestyle Products. The aim is to ensure that the student acquires & absorbs, not only product knowledge, but also learns the nuances of customer service & acquire customer experience management skills as per industry expectations.
The course frame work is structured to be responsive to the needs of galloping growth of Indian and Global Fashion & Lifestyle Retail industry. During 2 years program, students will gain proficiency in
- Basics of fashion, its history and evolution.
- Basic understanding of textiles and garmenting technologies.
- Fashion Marketing & Merchandising management.
- Retailing, Supply Chain Management.
- Retail stores operation & management.
- Retail strategy and planning Management.
- Technology in Retail
- CRM in Retail
- Visual Merchandising
- Detailed understanding of Lifestyle of products like-watches, footwear, shoes etc.
Why Industry Integrated? – The Differentiator :
In the Industry – Integrated education system a student, post learning basic management concepts, takes up training in an Industry of desired specialization for 3-5 days in a week as an apprentice/intern under the tutelage of an internal mentor from the Institute and an external guide from the Industry. In this system s/he is able to apply –the acquired classroom knowledge at his/her work place & can discuss work place situation with other students & can also seek solution of the same from his/her mentor.
The net result is an amalgamated integration of classroom learning with the work place hands-on exposure – leading to almost a year and half of experience in Post Graduate Programs.
It is a win-win situation wherein a graduate or postgraduate is Industry – ready, not only with the degree or diploma along with relevant Industry experience minus the fresher’s tag!!!
This positions them to be able to demand higher salaries than their traditional Management qualified colleagues!
This will lead to faster growth and career enhancement opportunities, personally as also fulfilling the organization’s objectives. It’s a double boost situation! The organization can hire a qualified management, trained and work – experienced candidate – an executive who would hit the ground -running -his/her output or contribution would come much faster or almost instantaneously!! No expensive gestation period required!
This is what makes us so, different from all other Institutions of the country.
The Retail Industry – An Overview :
The Retail Industry is the second largest employer next only to the agriculture industry – currently employing more than 35 million people. The retail industry encompasses, a large segment of industries – ranging from food and grocery – farm and agricultural products – fashion and lifestyle – automobiles and transportation of goods – home and interiors and others.
Growing at a steady pace of about 22% annually over the last decade, INDIA is considered to be the 5thmost attractive market destination for retail – globally!! Retail accounts for over 20 % of India’s GDP!
Factors that in play – fuelling the bright future of the Indian Retail Industry are:
- Rising incomes – hence the purchasing power of an average Indian is increasing in greater proportions.
- Consumption is fuelled by factors like changing lifestyles, more disposable incomes, favourable demographics, and easy credit availability.
- The infrastructure is improving rapidly in all regions and hence benefiting the retail environment by offering high streets and malls.
- Indian economy and its policies are now more liberal and pro-industry -making way for a wide range of companies and brands to enter the Indian market.
- Social media and exposure via television and print is fast expanding the reach of fashion products creating greater demand from tier II and III cities.
- E-commerce today being the fastest growing channel of retail has resulted in unprecedented growth.
According to CII, The country’s retail sector is likely to touch $1.2 trillion by 2020 from the current level of $550 billion. (View link : http://retail.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/industry/indias-retail-sector-to-be-worth-1-2-tn-by-2020-cii/47298521). Hence there will be a considerable rise in demand for skilled manpower in retail sector. India will need around 56 million skilled professionals in the booming retail sector by 2022 out of which Indian Luxury Products & Services will be requiring luxury trained executives to the count of 2.8 million heads.
Why earn while you learn program- Advantages :
- The program focuses on a unique industry collaborative approach. At the end of the course the student is equipped with not only academic knowledge, but is also exposed to hands on practical industry knowledge.
- Student also gains key technical and managerial skills during the ‘On the job training’ period followed by ‘Management Training and exposure -’ period for real time handling of fashion and lifestyle products. He/ She is thus able to service the industry and brand needs from day one.
- As a trainee, the student will work part time and will also be paid a substantial stipend for their efforts.
- During ‘On the job training’, student will be constantly guided, assessed and mentored by LCBS trainers and industry professionals. Thus the program will not only provide them with a practical work based learning opportunity but also a direct experience of the rigor of a real –time work environment.
- It ensures that students emerge from LCBS as seasoned professionals – ready to meet the challenges in the world of business.
- The Earn While You Learn Program will empower students with a head start in their career and help them to obtain an assured placement at the end of the program.
Why LCBS for PGDFLRM?
- Well researched curriculum created – over 10 months of intensive research by an international team of fashion designers retail and lifestyle “Gurus” from France, Italy and India.
- Program is delivered by the Fashion Gurus themselves.
- Modular based learning – modules on ‘Basics of Fashion, its history & evolution’, ‘Basic understanding of textiles and garmenting technologies’, ‘Visual Merchandising’, ‘The science of fashion retailing’.
- Their impeccable styled lectures – involve videos, role-plays and other real-time exemplars.
- Program imparts basic knowledge on merchandising, branding, legalities, selling and brand management.
- These charismatic industry leaders teach you the nuances to create the “WOW” factor!!
How to become a part of this unique earn while you learn program?
Once a student registers with LCBS for the PGDFLRM course, he/she will be eligible to enrol into our Earn While You Learn Program. During the course of this program, he will:
- Attend classes and lectures for the first six months term
- During the next 2 terms, he will attend daily, on campus workshops / classes for 3 hrs per day throughout the week, and carry out a ‘on the job’ apprenticeship with a renowned fashion and lifestyle brand.
- During his last term of six months, he will be engaged with the same brand as a ‘management trainee’ for a full working day per week.
Once selected, followed by interview, student will enter into an agreement with the concerned organization regarding:
- their trainee-program and
- timings and
- the stipend or commission that they will receive from them.
The stipend or commission varies in different organizations and or location. Students can expect to be paid a stipend or commission ranging from and between of Rs 8000.00/- to Rs 12,000.00/- per month (as per general retail industry norms).
You can download the brochure from here