Diploma courses are the new trend in higher education. They have become quite popular as they offer unique skills and knowledge required to enter a specific field or industry. Many students are now opting for diploma courses after finishing their degree programs to gain additional skillsets and expertise. It’s highly beneficial in today’s competitive job market and very popular among students after completing high school and graduation.
If you are interested in acquiring new skills to enter a new domain without spending 3-4 years in degree courses, then diploma courses will be the best option. You can pursue diploma courses at any level; after completing high school, graduation, and post-graduation. This blog will highlight the top trending diploma courses you can choose after graduation. You can explore these job-oriented diploma courses to boost your career.
5 Reasons Why Diplomas are Better than Degrees
Generally, students prefer degrees over diplomas; but in today’s fast-paced world, when job industries prefer multi-talented candidates over simple candidates with graduate degrees, it becomes essential for you to keep pace with the competitive world. Hence, learning varieties of skills through diplomas will be beneficial for you. Here are the top 5 reasons why diplomas are better than degrees:
- Take Less duration to Complete:-The advantage of a diploma course is that it can be completed in comparatively less time than degree courses. Diploma courses are more intense and focused than degree courses because they have fewer subjects to study than a degree program.
- Affordability:- Diploma courses fees are less than those of degree courses. If you want to pursue a career in science, then diploma courses can be your best option. Various diploma courses are available in engineering, computer science, and information technology (IT). These diplomas will give you basic knowledge about your chosen profession and make it easier to secure a job after graduation.
- Domestic and Overseas Opportunities:- Diploma courses can open up domestic and international employment opportunities. Diplomas are a relatively new form of education and are becoming more popular. Many overseas job opportunities do not require high degrees and diploma courses become an ideal choice to gain prerequisite skills in a short period.
- Career Growth:- Diploma courses are apt for working professionals looking for job change or promotion. If you are a working professional, diploma courses are the best option to acquire new skills and knowledge without hampering your current job due to the flexibility and duration of the course. You can choose to complete your course during work hours or after work hours. Diploma courses are also a great way to keep up with the latest trends and developments in different fields like IT, finance, and marketing, which help improve your skills and get better job opportunities.
- Multiple Entry Level:- Diploma courses are flexible in pursuing as they have multiple entry points, and one can choose any time to start the course. They are available in different formats like online, part-time, and full-time.
Top 10 Trending Diploma Courses After Graduation
Here are the best diploma courses you can pursue after your graduation.
1) Post Graduate Diploma in Luxury Management
A post-graduate diploma in luxury management is a course that helps you to understand the luxury industry and how to manage it. It is offered by various reputed institutions worldwide and is available in both online and campus modes. It provides an overview of the changing patterns in the luxury sector, focusing on new products, services, technologies, and markets.
2) Post Graduate Diploma in Fashion Designing
This course is for you if you want to learn about the latest fashion trends. It will help you develop your creative skills and also give you an overview of some of the latest technologies and materials used in the industry. The course has been designed to encourage students to work independently, but it can also benefit those who already have experience in this area and want to upgrade their industry knowledge and skills. This program is ideal for students who have a passion for fashion design and enjoy creating original outfits with their own creative flair.
3) Post Graduate Diploma in Event Management
Event management is a challenging and growing field. Event managers are responsible for planning, organizing, and managing events in the hospitality industry. The job of an event manager can be stressful since they need to be sure that everything goes according to plan.
The number of events being organized in India has increased with time, which means there are more opportunities for people who want to work in this domain as event managers or organizers.
4) Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management
The post-graduate diploma in hotel management is designed to help you understand the hospitality business. It gives you a deeper understanding of hotel operations and accounting, which can be helpful if you’re interested in pursuing a career as an executive or manager for a hotel company.
This course focuses on the following areas:
- Understanding the industry
- Organizational behavior
- Budgeting and costing management
5) Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
This diploma course aims to understand the role of human resources in an organization and how it plays a vital role in business. It helps you understand the functions of human resource management and its importance in a company, trade, or organization. The course also helps you learn about various legal frameworks required to effectively implement human resource management practices within an organization.
6) Post Graduate Diploma in International Business
This course is designed for students who are interested in pursuing a career in international business. The course helps students to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which are crucial for success in the global economy. Students learn about the nature of modern business, how it is organized and managed internationally, how political, economic, and social forces can influence it at work around the world and how national economies interact with the world economy.
7) Post Graduate Diploma in Data Science
Data science is a relatively new field of study, but it is already changing the way we live and work. The post-graduate diploma in data science was designed to give you both an understanding of data science theory and the practical skills required. Data Science is a broad field that covers many different areas of study. Students will learn how to collect data, analyze it, model and predict trends from that analysis, and communicate their findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
8) Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing is the process of promoting your business or product through the digital medium. It allows you to create a brand identity for your company/product, which helps in reaching out to your target audience. Some of the different methods used by digital marketers include search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns, email marketing, and social media management.
Digital marketing diploma courses teach you how to use these techniques effectively so as to promote products and services effectively on the internet. A diploma course in digital marketing would help you learn about various aspects of this field such as:
- The importance of creating an online presence for any business today
- How to use different social media platforms to generate leads
- How to create content using various tools like video production software
9) Post Graduate Diploma in Graphic Designing
A post-graduate diploma in Graphic Designing is a one-year course that provides students with an opportunity to learn the fundamentals of graphic design, from print and digital media. It includes typography, color theory, composition, and layout design for both print and web. Students will also be taught how to create graphics for print or digital applications using advanced tools like Adobe InDesign CC & Illustrator CC (desktop apps), Sketch 3 (mobile app), or other similar software.
10) Post Graduate Diploma in Food and Beverage Services Management
This course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills required to manage food and beverage services. You will learn how to lead, motivate, supervise and train staff in restaurants, bars, hotels, cafeterias, etc. The course also touches on the management of staff performance records as well as financial analysis for these types of organizations. After completing this program, you work as a hotel manager, head waiter, bar manager, catering assistant manager, and restaurant general manager.
There Is No Better Way To Continue Education Than Through Diplomas
There is no better way to continue education than through diplomas. It’s a great way to upgrade your skills and keep up with the latest trends in the industry. Diploma courses can be completed in a short time compared to degree courses, and the fees of diploma courses are less than those of degree courses. You can pursue a diploma course after graduation, providing you with the necessary skills and knowledge required for a particular job role. So if you are looking for an alternative option to continue your higher education, then diplomas are the best ones.
Q. In what ways are degrees and diplomas distinct from one another?
Ans. Diplomas and degrees are different in course duration, fees, and course structure.
Q. What is the Diploma of Higher Education, and how does it differ from a degree?
Ans. The diploma of higher education is one that you can pursue after high school (12th). It is different from a regular degree course because it’s shorter in duration and more affordable than degree courses.
Q. What are the advantages of enrolling in a diploma program?
Ans. Affordability, shorter duration, job opportunities, and flexibility in learning and course modules are advantages of enrolling in the diploma program.
Q. Is a diploma worth it?
Ans. Yes, a diploma course is worth it because it helps you to acquire new skills and gives you the edge in a competitive job industry.